We will support you to design and deliver a returner programme which suits your needs and which works effectively for both your organisation and the returners who join you. This may be one or a combination of the following:
- A Returnship Programme – a higher level paid professional internship
- A Supported Hiring Programme, to bring returners directly into open permanent roles in a supported manner
- A tailored returner event, linked to hiring opportunities
- See our Returner Programme Dictionary for an outline of the different types of returner programme
Consulting: Returner Programme Consultancy
- We provide our partner clients with end-to-end support in terms of programme consulting, promotion and support.
- Taking learnings from our extensive experience, and using our returner programme toolkit, we will work with you to to design a best practice and cost-effective programme that attracts and supports experienced professionals on career break and that is tailored to your needs, structure, culture and commercial objectives, while also providing a positive participant experience.
Coaching: Returner Coaching Programme & Manager Training
- We will deliver for you our proven, insight-led four-stage Careers Returners Coaching Programme, specifically tailored for returning professionals, to offer support at each stage of the transition process. Our specialised expertise in coaching women returners enables us to address the practical and psychological challenges facing professionals returning to work after a multi-year break. This support facilitates a more rapid re-integration into the corporate environment, increases the contribution and the satisfaction of the returner and maximises the likelihood of a successful permanent hire. For more details see here.
- We also run training sessions, face-to-face or in webinar format:
- Hiring Manager Training to enable them to manage potential unconscious bias against women returners
- Line Manager Training to enable them to effectively support returning professionals and to integrate them into their teams.
Connecting: Access to Professionals on Career Break
- Through our Women Returners Professional Network, we can provide access the hard-to-reach high-calibre segment of professionals on an extended career break: a largely untapped group of highly-qualified, experienced and motivated people, mostly women. We have a subscribed network of over 4,000 women returners and our website acts as a central portal for return-to-work information.
- We reach these women through our media presence and our strong links with professional associations, parents’ networks and alumnae groups of leading universities, business schools and girls’ schools.
Women Returners Conference Partnership
- Our Women Returners Conference London provides an opportunity for selected organisations to join us as corporate sponsors, highlighting your support for diversity and returners, showcasing your returner programme, and gaining privileged access to meet informally with a group of over 200 high-calibre women.
- After sold out Conferences in 2016 and 2017, we are taking a break in 2018 and moving to a bi-annual conference from 2019.
- To see highlights of the 2017 Conference, see here.
“I believe that working with Women Returners is the most effective and efficient way to run a returner programme. They have the expertise, the networks and the knowledge and provide a specialised and independent source of support to HR and to the participant group. After 30 years in HR, I have extensive experience but not of supporting people back to work after long career breaks. Women Returners made this process easy for us and were a major factor in the success of the returnship. I would not run another programme without them.” Head of HR, Tideway
“At O2 we are always looking for new ways to attract talent and specifically female talent in STEM. Women Returners provided us with a one stop shop of well qualified candidates and professional support to launch the first of our programmes. Julianne and the team at Women Returners supported us every step of the way, from supporting with the design of our recruitment process, helping to identify the candidates to shaping the programme and training. With a focussed and consultancy approach Women Returners were willing to tailor to suit the company and the requirements of the O2 programme. Following the success of the programme we sponsored the Women Returners Conference which was a massive success and again showed the amazing talent looking to return to the workplace.” Diversity and Inclusion Manager, O2
To arrange an exploratory discussion about our corporate services contact Julianne Miles at email@example.com.