The Career Returners Coaching Programme
“The Women Returners coaching programme was an invaluable part of my experience in returning to work. The support I received allowed me to rebuild my confidence and make the most of the opportunities available to me on the returnship. It also played a crucial role in helping me to navigate some of the inevitable challenges, with practical roadmaps and solutions. I am truly grateful to have had this guidance and support”
What are the aims of our Career Returners Coaching Programme?
- Our proven, insight-led Career Returners Coaching Programme has been specifically tailored to address the practical and psychological challenges faced by female and male professionals re-entering the workforce through a returner programme.
- The Programme was developed based on:
- Our unmatched experience of supporting returners, having worked with hundreds of career returners from the start of their return-to-work journey to the point at which they have successfully transitioned back into the workforce;
- Existing and new research;
- Our in-depth understanding of psychology and coaching;
- Our knowledge and experience of working at senior levels in a variety of businesses
Why invest in external coaching support?
- The coaching facilitates a more rapid re-integration into the corporate environment, increases the contribution and the satisfaction of the returners and maximises the likelihood of successful permanent hires.
- The use of external coaches who have worked on other returner programmes, and who understand the career break world, encourages an open and honest sharing of experiences and a normalisation of problems faced. The group coaching workshop format (where relevant) enhances the peer support of the cohort and strengthens network links.
How is the coaching structured?
- The Returner Coaching Programme has four stages, mirroring the transition stages when re-entering the workforce: Prepare | Explore | Integrate | Launch
- The Returner Coaching Programme can be delivered for a cohort – through four half-day group workshops – or for individual returner hires – through four 90 minute coaching sessions
What do coachees say about the Career Returners Returner Coaching Programme?
“The coaching was exceptionally good. It was very well thought out and delivered in an understanding and empathetic way with a focus on practical and positive ways to approach returning to work.”
“The coaching workshops were particularly useful in helping me to understand the company perspective and to develop professionally”
“[With] Women Returners providing sound advice and great coaching support, the transition to back to full time work was made to feel almost seamless”
“I gained much more than I imagined possible. The coaching helped me to define myself and to find strengths that I didn’t realise I had. I am more self-aware than I was before”